Terms & Conditions
Who are we?
Comparebyreview.com are owned and operated by Compare by Review Limited.
How to contact us
The only use of ‘score’ should be in reference to our ‘CBR score’ The only use of ‘reviews’ should be in reference to reviews on our site When talking about off-site reviews they should be called ‘review ratings’ ‘Site’ means any mobile applications or other similar devices, channels or applications operated by or on behalf of any of the following brands: www.comparebyreview.com
3. Our site
We are the first and only comparison site that focuses and ranks providers exclusively on customer experience and product quality. We’ve taken the hassle out of comparing service providers by developing a unique process for researching customer experiences. We combine their review ratings to calculate our unique CBR score, giving you a clear comparison of the best providers.
The site is for your personal, non-commercial use only. They may only be used and accessed by a private individual or by a business to seek a product directly for that individual or business. Access to and use of the site for anything other than your personal, non-commercial purposes is strictly prohibited
You are not permitted to use the site:
- in any unlawful, fraudulent or commercial manner.
- to harm, threaten, abuse, embarrass, defame, libel, intimidate or harass another person or in a way that invades another person’s privacy or is obscene, hateful, offensive, indecent, inappropriate, objectionable, unacceptable, discriminatory or damaging as determined by us.
- to create, check, confirm, update, modify or amend another person’s records.
- to tamper with, modify, reverse engineer or amend any part of this site.
- with any automated software, process, program, robot, web crawler, spider, data mining, trawling or other screen scraping software, process, program or system.
- in a way that interferes with, disrupts or imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large burden on our communications and technical systems.
- except for certain travel insurance products or services, this site is intended for use only by customers who are located in the UK. We make no warranty or representation that any product and/or any service we provide is available or otherwise appropriate for use outside of the UK.
You may operate a link to the site provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, as determined by us. You must not operate a link to the site in such a way as to suggest or imply any form of association, approval or endorsement by us. We reserve the right to require you to remove any link to the site immediately and at any time and we may withdraw any linking permission at any time.
The trade marks, copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the site and in the information, content, material or data that we display on the site belong to us or our licensors and all such rights are reserved. You must not use such information or copyright material unless you have written permission from us to do so.
You may temporarily print, copy, download or store extracts of information, content, material or data displayed on the site for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you do not otherwise breach these Terms and Conditions
All rights in comparebyreview.com are owned by us
You will retain ownership of any content that you submit, or otherwise make publicly available on or through the site. You grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, worldwide, royalty free and unlimited licence to use such User Content in any manner and for any purpose.
Payment for a product will be made on the relevant third party website when applying for that product.
We subscribe to the latest in internet security standards so you can shop with confidence online. When you enter a protected area, a small padlock or key will be displayed at the bottom of the screen indicating that you have a secure connection with us. You can rest assured that the information you supply is encrypted and cannot be read by anyone else.
Your personal information and user content
Our service allows you to search for and compare various types of Products from different providers. You will need to answer a number of questions on the site in order to compare or obtain a quote for any Product. These questions are designed to ensure that we and all relevant Providers have all the information necessary to provide you with appropriate and timely information relating to the products in which you are interested. Aspects of a Product such as the level of cover (if applicable) and the amount you will pay will be determined by the answers you provide to these questions. It is therefore very important that you answer all of the questions truthfully, completely and accurately and that you disclose all relevant facts. Failure to do so could invalidate the Product you purchase. If you are applying for an insurance product, for example, this could mean that you have no insurance cover. If your insurance product is invalid, claims may not be paid and you could be responsible for any third party costs if any event occurs where you would otherwise have been covered by the insurance product.
Product, you must contact the relevant provider
If you are in any doubt as to whether any information is relevant or required to be disclosed or that something may be incorrect you should disclose it to your proposed provider before you apply for a Product.
Before you obtain any Product from a provider, you must check all of the information, content, material or data the provider holds about you to ensure it is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you have disclosed all relevant facts. It is your responsibility to identify and correct any mistakes or errors in the information, content, material or data before you obtain any Product. Failure to do so could invalidate the Product.
You must get permission from any other person whose information you intend to provide on the site before you provide it. In submitting any other person’s details, you are confirming to us that you have their permission to do so and that they understand how their details will be used.
You must take all reasonable precautions (including using appropriate virus checking software) to ensure that any information, content, material or data you provide (including User Content) is free from viruses and anything else which may have a harmful effect on any part of the site or the website of third parties or any other technology.
Suitability of Products
The Products displayed on our site are not provided by us but by third parties over whom we do not have control.
You should always check the suitability, adequacy and appropriateness of the Product that is of interest to you. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that you wish to obtain any Product before applying for it. If you are in any doubt as to the suitability, adequacy or appropriateness of any Product referred to on the site, we suggest that you seek independent professional advice before you obtain it.
The site provides information on a wide range of products and services but there may be other products or services available on the market which are not shown on the site and which may be more appropriate or suitable for you than those shown on the site.
Third party website and services
Your use of any Provider website and your obtaining of any Products will be subject to the Provider’s own terms and conditions (which will be different from ours). It is very important before you apply for any Product that you carefully read the accompanying terms and conditions, the Provider’s terms and conditions and any other documentation that applies to the Product. You must familiarise yourself with all the details of the product, for example:
- for insurance products, the restrictions, exclusions, conditions and obligations which apply to the insurance product;
- for money products, the interest rate, any early redemption charges, restrictions, exclusions, conditions and obligations which apply to the product;
- for travel products, the minimum check-in times, cancellations or modifications of bookings, refunds, visa or passport requirements, vaccination requirements, restrictions, exclusions, conditions and obligations which apply to the product; and
- for home services products, the restrictions, exclusions, conditions and obligations which apply to the product.
Any links to third party website on our site or in our emails are provided for your interest and convenience only. These websites are owned and operated by third parties over whom we do not have control. We do not endorse, recommend or accept responsibility for such third parties, their products or services, their website or for any information, opinions or views given or advice provided by such third parties (whether on their website or otherwise).
5. The information on our site
We aim to ensure that the material on our site (excluding any user content) is accurate. We also try to correct any errors or omissions as soon as we can after being notified of them. However, we are not able to guarantee that the material on the sites is accurate and free from errors or omissions at all times. We reserve the right to add, amend, delete, edit, remove or modify any information, content, material or data displayed on the sites at any time and without notice.
Nothing on the sites financial, investment, recommendation or endorsement is in respect of any product referred to on a site. Information on the site is provided for general information purposes only and is provided so that you can select the product that you feel is most appropriate to meet your needs.
The information and descriptions of products on the sites may not represent the complete descriptions of all the features and terms and conditions of those products. You must ensure that you carefully read all of the features and terms and conditions (including those contained on the providers site) of any product before applying for it.
Views expressed in any such reviews do not represent our views or the views of associated companies.
Availability of the Site
We aim to provide uninterrupted access to the site but we give no warranty on this. We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to the sites at any time.
Exclusions of our liability
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for our fraud, or excludes or limits our duties or any liability under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, as amended, (“FSMA”) or any conduct of business rules developed pursuant to FSMA.
Subject to the paragraph immediately above, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage you may incur:
- if any information, content, material or data you provide on the Sites is not correct, complete and accurate, or if it is misleading, or if you fail to disclose all relevant facts;
- in the event that any Product you apply for does not meet your requirements or is not suitable for you;
- in connection with the accuracy or content of any reviews of products or services displayed on our Sites or on any other website that you may access via our Sites;
- for any acts, omissions, errors or defaults of any third party in connection with that product or service;
- which are indirect or not foreseeable by us when you accessed or used the Sites;
- arising from an inability to access the Sites, from any use of the Sites or from reliance on the data transmitted using the Sites where such losses or damages are caused by any event beyond our reasonable control including as a result of the nature of electronic transmission of data over the internet;
- in connection with any act, omission, error or default by any investment fund or ISA provider or any other third party in the provision of any product or service, or the execution of, or any investment made by you; or
- in connection with any voucher codes that you obtain via our Vouchers channel.
- we do not give any warranty that the Sites are free from viruses or anything else which may have a harmful effect on any technology.
If you’re unhappy with any of the information provided on comparebyreview.com, please visit our contact us page and fill out the form. A member of our team will get in touch with you. If your complaint is in regards to any product or service you have obtained from a third party, you should address your complaint directly to that third party.