Our team of researchers are busy reading reviews and compiling a comparison table for Health insurance providers. We’ll publish our findings soon so please check back shortly. If you would like to leave a review for your current provider then please do so below!
Compare Health Insurance
In the UK, over 4 million people now have private medical cover. Since 2015, there has been a rise in interest in private health care as an increasing number of people are dissatisfied with higher waiting times and increased restrictions on NHS treatment.
Health Insurance, also known as private medical insurance, covers the cost of private medical treatment for acute conditions while offering medications that aren’t available to the NHS. There are lots of different plans to choose from and while basic policies cover essential treatments, more comprehensive policies are more likely to include specialist therapies and complementary medicines such a chiropody and acupuncture.
Can’t find any insurance providers? That’s because we’re still working on this category. Our team are researching providers and calculating each individual CBR score so we can provide you a truly honest and impartial comparison of each insurance brand. In the mean time, here are the answers to some frequently asked questions about Health and Life Insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What Are The Benefits of Private Health Care?
- Which Policy Is Right For Me?
- What Is Typically Excluded From Health Insurance?
- Why Compare Policies With Compare By Review?
In 2016, over 10% of the UK population was reported to have private health insurance, with the number continuing to rise year on year. While the NHS provides comprehensive medical treatment to anyone who needs it, free of charge, you could get better medical treatment by taking out private health insurance. Private Health Insurance offers peace of mind, knowing that you are covered for the best available medical treatments if and when they become necessary. The right policy can provide a range of benefits that include
- Giving you the option of being treated by your doctor of choice
- Skipping the NHS waiting lists and shorter waiting times for elective surgery
- Allows you more control over when and where you are treated
- Provides services not covered by the NHS such as dental, optical, acupuncture and chiropractic
Private hospitals can also make your stay more comfortable with better amenities, such as a TV and en-suite rooms. Quicker access to health care can be invaluable if you’re self-employed or have a job where timing is an important factor.
Policies range from basic through to comprehensive and they typically cover any required in-patient treatment that you might need, such as surgery; they usually cover the cost of your hospital stay too. There are currently four types of Health Insurance
- Individual Insurance – Individual health insurance enable you to bypass lengthy NHS waiting times and receive treatment quickly should you become ill or injured.
- Child Health Insurance – Child health insurance provides tailored cover for your children’s growing needs offering peace of mind that their health care is protected.
- Family Health Insurance – Family health insurance provides cover for the whole family ensuring that treatment is received quickly should the need arise.
- Joint Health Insurance – Joint health insurance offers peace of mind that should either of you require treatment it will be received promptly and at a hospital of your choice.
Chronic conditions are excluded as standard. In addition to this, visits to a GP, trips to A&E or injuries sustained from dangerous hobbies, such as skydiving, may also not be covered. Below is a list of the other most common exclusions.
- Drug abuse
- Normal pregnancy
- Gender reassignment (sex change)
- Mobility aids, such as wheelchairs
- Organ transplant
- Prescription drugs and dressings, after leaving hospital or as an outpatient
- Deliberately self-inflicted injuries
- Cosmetic treatment
- Experimental or unproven treatment or drugs
- Kidney dialysis
- Injuries due to acts of war
Compare By Review are the first and only comparison site that exclusively focus and rank providers on customer experience and product quality. We understand finding the right policy is important to you, that’s why we analyse thousands of real customer experiences to provide a simple, impartial comparison of health insurers so you can purchase the right policy for you.