Buster, a four-year-old Labrador Retriever
4paws allows you to pay monthly at no extra cost. They also have a 24/7 emergency claims line so you can make a claim any time, anywhere.
496 reviews found on websites such as TrustPilot
4Paws Life Plus, Life Premium and Maximum benefit policies are rated 5 Star by Defaqto
4Paws have a team of dedicated pet specialists ready to help you with your questions
You can pay monthly for your cover at no extra cost
4Paws has a UK based dedicated 24/7 emergency claim line
4Paws aim to approve clams within 5-10 working days
97% of valid claims are paid
- All policies are rated 5 Star by Defaqto
- Maximum vet fees are 12k per year
No Reviews Found
Quotes our team received
Cheapest Dog Quote
Maximum Vet Fees
Tinks, a three-year-old Bengal
Cheapest Cat Quote
Maximum Vet Fees
Compare 4Paws pet insurance policies
4Paws offers four different pet insurance policies:
- Time Limited – a time limited, low cost policy that’s designed to help with the costs of veterinary treatment for illness or injury. 4Paws’ Time Limited policy offers cover for up to 12 months per condition and there’s a veterinary fee limit of £3,000 per condition.
- Maximum Benefit – 4Paws’ Maximum Benefit policies offer an enhanced level of cover with an extensive range of added benefits. There’s no time limit on claims, giving you the ability to claim year after year for an ongoing condition, up to the monetary limit for as long as you continue to renew the policy.
- Lifetime – this is 4Paws most comprehensive pet insurance policy. The limit renews every year for as long as you continue to renew your policy. 4Paws also offers Lifetime Contribution Cover. If you contribute 30% towards the cost of each claim, 4Paws can reduce the cost of your policy.
4Paws offers three different levels of cover for Maximum Benefit and Lifetime policies. Benefits and cover limits are detailed in the table below.
|Veterinary fees||£3,000 per condition for 12 months||Up to £7,000 per condition||Up to £12,000 per year, renewed each policy year|
|Complementary treatment||Not included||Up to £1,000||Up to £1,500|
|Third party liability||£1,000,000||£1,000,000||£2,000,000|
|Boarding fees||Not included||Up to £1,250||Up to £2,000|
|Advertising & reward||Not included||Up to £1,500||Up to £2,000|
|Theft or straying||Not included||Up to £1,500||Up to £2,000|
|Death from injury||Not included||Up to £1,500||Up to £2,000|
|Death from illness||Not included||Up to £1,500||Up to £2,000|
|Holiday cancellation||Not included||Up to £1,750||Up to £3,000|
|Emergency repatriation||Not included||Up to £1,000||Up to £2,000|
|Quarantine or loss of documents||Not included||Up to £1,250||Up to £1,500|
Making a claim
If you need to make a claim, you can download a claim form online. 4Paws aims to settle all claims within 5-10 working days. If you have any questions about the claims process, you can contact a member of their team on 01423 535 040. Alternatively, you can submit a contact form online.
Frequently asked Questions
4Paws offer Standard, Maximum Benefit and Lifetime policies.
4Paws cover pets from 6 weeks old.
No, as with many other pet insurance companies, they don't cover annual vaccinations or other preventative treatment such as wormers and flea treatment.
Yes, but only if you have a maximum benefit or lifetime policy. These policies will cover up to 45 days abroad per policy year.
4Paw’s claims team are on hand, day or night, 7 days a week to help deal with your claim. 4Paws try to deal with your claim within 5-10 working days, providing all the information you have given is correct.
According to 4Paws, 97% of claims are paid.