Bought By Many ReviewsSee which providers perform best in our Pet Insurance comparison
All policies cover conditions that ended more than two years ago and all policyholders get free unlimited vet calls 24/7.
Great Cover For My Pet
It's great to hear that Bought By Many were able to answer your concerns about your new puppy via web chat, free of charge and then helped you get a vet appointment. They may not be the cheapest but it's clear to see that they were there for you when you needed them. Thank you for your honest review James.
Good Price, Appear Reliable
Bought By Many was founded in 2012 and has been improving the world of insurance ever since. They go above and beyond to offer better insurance for everyone, so it’s no surprise that they received a Platinum Trusted Service Award from Feefo this year and they were voted Most Trusted Pet Insurance Provider at the 2019 Moneywise Customer Service Awards. They also feature at the top of our pet insurance comparison table that values the level of service providers offer over the cost of policies.
Quotes our team received
Quotes our team received
Buster, a four-year-old Labrador Retriever
Lifetime dog quote
Maximum vet fees
Tinks, a three-year-old Bengal
Lifetime cat quote
Maximum vet fees
Benefits of Bought By Many Pet Insurance
- Bought By Many’s Complete Policy, Fixed For Life Policy, MoneyBack Policy, Pre-Existing Policy and Regular Policy are all rated 5 Stars by Defaqto
- Bought By Many is rated 4.7/5 for customer experience on Feefo
- All policies cover pre-existing conditions that ended more than two years ago
- Free 24/7 video vet calls with FirstVet
- Offer policies that give you back 20% of your premiums each year that you don’t claim
- 15% multi-pet discount
- Up to £15,000 of lifetime vet cover
- Cover for pre-existing conditions
- Bought By Many will pay you or your vet directly
- Zero excess option for pets under 9
- Fixed-price policy for puppies and kittens
- Existing customers are never charged more than new customers
Compare Bought By Many pet insurance policies
Bought By Many welcomed pet insurance to their offerings in 2017. The six policies that they currently sell were designed using comments from over 40,000 pet owners. These comments helped them identify common issues with existing policies. As a result of this, Bought By Many’s policies are completely innovative and attempt to fix the things that pet owners dislike about other pet insurance policies. One of these issues being the inability to insure pets with recent pre-existing conditions. Some insurers will cover pre-existing conditions provided your pet recovered from them at least two years ago but Bought By Many believe that this isn’t good enough. To overcome this, they were the first UK pet insurer to offer a ‘Pre-Existing’ policy that includes:
- Cover for past medical issues – they’ll provide cover for your pet as long as it has been medication, advice and treatment free for three months before the policy start date.
- Vet fees – £500 of vet fee cover for pre-existing conditions, which will increase to £1,000 after the first year if you don’t claim for the condition. Also, new conditions are covered up to £7,000 each year.
- Comprehensive cover – liability insurance included as standard and farewell cover if your pet has to be put to sleep.
If your pet has a pre-existing condition but hasn’t needed medication, professional advice or treatment in the past two years, they can be covered on any of Bought By Many’s pet insurance policies.
Bought By Many offers five other types of pet insurance policies:
- Complete – the most comprehensive type of policy they offer – up to £15,000 of vet fee cover, dental cover included and more.
- Regular – a lifetime policy that offers up to £7,000 of vet fee cover for a year and the option of no excess for pets under 9.
- MoneyBack – a lifetime policy with up to £7,000 cover for vet fees. For each year you don’t make a claim, you can get 20% of your premium paid back.
- Fixed For Life – if you purchase this policy before your pet turns 2, the premium will be fixed for your pet’s life. It will never increase, even if you claim.
- Value – conditions are covered for up to £3,000 of lifetime vet fee cover.
All of the benefits of each policy type are detailed in the table below.
|Benefit||Value||Fixed For Life||Pre-existing||MoneyBack||Regular||Complete|
|Type of cover||Lifetime||Lifetime||Lifetime||Lifetime||Lifetime||Lifetime|
|Liability (dogs only)||£1m||£2m||£2m||£2m||£2m||£3m|
|Dental cover||Accidents only||Accidents only||Accidents only||Accidents only||Accidents only||Accidents & Illnesses|
|Travel cover||Not included||Not included||Not included||Not included||Not included||Included|
|Lost or Stolen Cover||Not included||Not included||Not included||Not included||Not included||£6k|
|Pass away Cover||Not included||Not included||Not included||Not included||Not included||£6k|
|Pre-existing conditions cover||Cover for conditions that ended 2 years ago||Cover for conditions that ended 2 years ago||£500 in year 1 & £1,000 in year 2||Cover for conditions that ended 2 years ago||Cover for conditions that ended 2 years ago||Cover for conditions that ended 2 years ago|
Please note, the figures listed in the table show the maximum amount available, most providers will allow you to choose the limit you want from a predetermined list.
Making a claim
Claiming on your Bought By Many pet insurance is easy. Simply log in to your account. Head to ‘My account‘, then ‘My quotes and policies’ and select ‘Make a claim’. Let them know what you’re claiming for, which vet your used and how much money you need to claim back. If you’d prefer to speak to a member of the team about your claim, you can contact Bought By Many on 0333 130 4552. The team will handle the claims process for you and you won’t be asked to fill out any lengthy forms.
To speed up the claims process, you should provide Bought By Many with an itemised invoice of your trip to the vet along with the past 24 months of your pet’s medical history, if you don’t have this information, Bought By Many can get it from your vet for you. You can track the process of your claim in your account and you’ll also receive regular updates via text message and email. Once your claim has been approved, you can choose whether you want to be paid or if you want the vet to be paid directly.
Contact Bought By Many
If you have a general enquiry, you can call Bought By Many on 0345 340 4090 or you can select the ‘Submit a Request’ or ‘Contact Us’ buttons on their website.
For claim queries or to make a claim, you can call 0333 130 4552 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can log in to your account to make new claims or track the progress of existing claims.
Bought By Many also offers all policyholders (apart from Liability Only policyholders) free and unlimited video consultations with UK registered vets through the FirstVet app. If you’re concerned about your pet, you can speak to their vets to get advice, treatment recommendations or referral to your local practice. This service is available 24/7 and the vets are happy to answer any questions you have or give you a second opinion about a diagnosis. Your pet insurance will not be affected by using FirstVet, it doesn’t count as a claim and there’s no cost for using the service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Bought By Many insurance offer cheaper cover for multi-pets?
Yes, they offer a 15% multi-pet discount when you include more than one pet on the policy.
Does Bought By Many insurance cover pre-existing conditions?
Yes, they offer policies that can cover pre-existing conditions.
How easy is it to make a claim with Bought By Many insurance?
Bought By Many have an online claim process called Snap Claims. This easy to use service alleviates all the paperwork commonly associated with making a claim.
How many claims does Bought By Many insurance resolve?
Bought By Many paid out 97% of claims last year.