Monzo Simple AccountSee which providers perform best in our App-Based Bank comparison
Spend abroad anywhere in the world and in any currency with Mastercard's globally accepted exchange rate and no hidden fees.
Best Bank Ever!!!
No Nonsense Banking
The best bank account I have had! Easy to see exactly where my money is going. I can create pots to make sure I am saving and I can round up my spending. Paying others is as easy as a few clicks so it is a sociable bank too
Monzo is one of the fastest-growing app-based banks. Founded in 2015, Monzo now has over 4 million customers. Monzo offers both personal and business banking options for their customers with a wide range of benefits. With the Current Account Switch Service, you can move everything over to Monzo from a traditional account within seven days of requesting the switch.
Benefits of Monzo App-Based Bank
- Free current account
- Current account switch service guarantee
- £400 daily ATM withdrawal limit
- No fees when you spend overseas
- Pay your salary into Monzo and they can advance you the cash one day early
- Organise and budget your money between savings, bills and spending
- Easy access saving options available
- Pay Direct Debits through Monzo
- Get instant notifications on your spending and funds coming in
- Overdraft and loan options available
- Freeze your card instantly
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I open an account?
To open an account you need to download the free Monzo app via your smartphone. You then need to fill in the necessary details. The whole process is very quick and is clear and easy to navigate. You need to have some photo ID to hand to take a photo of and be ready to record a quick video of yourself for authentication.
How can I contact Monzo directly?
There are various ways of contacting the team at Monzo through either their in-app chat, by email or via the phone. There’s plenty of information on the site which will answer many queries from existing and future customers.
Is my money covered?
Yes, your money is covered up to £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.