Starling Bank Current AccountSee which providers perform best in our App-Based Bank comparison
When travelling abroad, Starling Bank customers' get Mastercard's globally accepted exchange rate, with no added fees on top.
Simple And Efficient
Great review from a user switching from a High Street bank to an app-based bank. It seems that the App is living up to its billing and helping people manage money better. Thanks for the review Tom
The Best App Ever !
Simple And Efficient
Founded in 2014, Starling bank is an app-based bank that focuses on personal and business accounts. They do not have retail high street outlets as they are web-based. All account management is through their mobile application available on android and IOS. Starling keeps track of how their users spend and breaks it down into categories such as ‘Food and Drink’ and ‘Amazon’ etc. Their users also have the ability to set up a Euro account for use on holiday or living abroad with conversations done at the current rate with only a 0.4% fee. Another feature of Starling, that isn't offered with high street banks is the options to section savings on categories as well. Starling also offers joint accounts for flexibility which are able to open through their app.
Benefits of Starling Bank App-Based Bank
- Instant notifications when you spend or get paid
- Insights available to reveal your spending habits
- No fees overseas when you use your card to make payments or use an ATM
- 24/7 support via online chat
- Save easily by using Starling ‘Goals’
- Round-up your spending to the nearest pound and save the change
- Easy cheque deposits via their freeport post system
- Business and personal banking options available
- Teen accounts available
- Current account is completely free
- Pay with your phone via Apple Pay or Google Pay
- Freeze your card instantly
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I open an account?
To open an account you need to download the free Starling app via your smartphone. You then need to fill in the necessary details. The whole process will take under 30 minutes and is clear and easy to navigate.
How can I contact Starling directly?
There are a few options ranging from in-app chat, email and by phone. The In-app chat is the fastest way to get through to their team as they have your details already.
Is my money covered?
Yes, your money is covered up to £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.