Start a Quote

Churchill Reviews

Churchill policyholders have the ability to manage their policy and make claims in an easy to use online area.

6.9 /10
Based on 12135 reviews
#8 of 10 home insurers
  • Sentiment Score: 1.7/10
  • 12135 reviews found on websites such as TrustPilot
  • Awarded a 5 Star rating by Defaqto
  • 12 month guarantee on all building works by Churchills’ approved repairers
  • No exclusions if your home is unoccupied for up to 60 days
  • ‘New for Old’ cover including clothing
  • Up to £1 million buildings insurance plus up to £50,000 contents insurance as standard

Price Band

£ £ £ £ £

Good for

  • Rated 5 stars by Defaqto
  • No limit to buildings' cover
Consumer Behavior Graphic
84% of consumers read reviews before purchasing
*Based on an independent survey of 1000 people by Compare By Review
Filter by:
  • All (1),
  • Claims (1),
  • Service (0),
  • Sales (0),
  • Renewal (0)
Cover Purchased
i Reviewed without invitation
Reviewed the Claims experience on 29 Jun 2020

Poor On Claims

Never in my life have I had to claim for buildings and due to recent down pours I had to claim for a leaking bay window roof. In a span of less than 15 minutes Churchill's surveyor said no cla…

Reply by Compare by Review

Sorry to hear this Parin. We're sure this review will help others make a more informed home insurance decision.

Home Icon

Quotes our team received

Home Insurance Pricing Image One


Covers the contents of your home only

Contents Only Quote

Per Year

Buildings' Cover Limit

No limit

Contents' Cover Limit

Home Insurance Pricing Image Two


Covers the physical structure of your home as well as the contents

Buildings & Contents Quote

Per Year

Buildings' Cover Limit

No limit

Contents' Cover Limit


Compare Churchill home insurance policies

Churchill offers two types of home insurance cover, Home Insurance and Home Plus. You can also choose to add a number of optional extras to your policy such as cover for accidental damage and personal possessions, which are all included as standard if you opt for the Home Plus level of cover.

Buildings insurance

Benefit Home Insurance Cover Home Plus Cover
Buildings sum insured £1,000,000 Unlimited
Tracing & accessing of leaks in the house £5,000 £10,000
Property owner's liability £2,000,000 £5,000,000
Replacement locks if your keys are lost or stolen Included Included
Alternative accommodation for you & your pets £25,000 (£40,000 if you also have Contents cover) £50,000 (£80,000 if you also have Contents cover)
Accidental damage cover Optional Included
Replacement of matching sets and pairs Not available Included


Contents insurance

Benefit Home Insurance cover Home Plus cover
Contents sum insured £50,000 £100,000
Replacement locks if your keys are lost or stolen Included Included
Contents temporarily taken out of the home £5,000 £10,000
Alternative accommodation for you and your pets £15,000 (£40,000 if you also have Buildings cover) £30,000 (£80,000 if you also have Buildings cover)
Personal liability £2,000,000 £5,000,000
Employer's liability £5,000,000 £10,000,000
Garden cover for contents in the garden, plants & landscaping £1,000 £2,500
Legal expenses cover Optional £100,000
Home emergency cover Optional £500 per call out
Replacement of matching sets and pairs Not available Included
Accidental damage cover Optional Included


What optional extras can I add to my policy?

Accidental damage cover

Churchill offers two types of accidental damage cover that you can add to your home insurance policy for an additional premium.

  • Accidental damage cover for contents – This covers mishaps such as spilling paint on the carpet or accidentally dropping and breaking a TV.
  • Accidental damage cover for buildings – This covers accidents like breaking a glass cooker top or hammering through the floorboards into a gas or water pipe.

Exclusions include electrical equipment that stops working for no reason, general wear and tear, damage caused by pets and accidental damage to things that are taken outside your home. Further exclusions will be detailed in your home insurance policy booklet.

Personal possessions cover

Standard contents only insurance policies cover items inside the home. If you want to cover items that you take out and about such as cameras, mobile phones, bicycles, jewellery and watches, you can add personal possessions cover to your policy. Bicycles worth more than £500 and other items worth over £2,000 will need to be listed individually. If you have personal possessions cover added to your policy, items you take away from your home will be covered in the British Isles and up to 60 days abroad. Personal possessions cover also includes up to £500 cover for lost or stolen cash.

Home emergency cover

For up to £500 per callout, Churchill will cover you for emergency repairs, call-out charges, labour and new parts. You’ll have access to a 24 hour emergency helpline and Churchill’s expert advisors will contact an authorised repairer to help you get your home to normal as soon as possible. Home emergency cover can help you with the following emergencies:

  • Heating
  • Plumbing & drainage
  • Electrical wiring
  • Damage to locks on windows & doors
  • Removal of pest infestations in your home

Family legal protection

You can add family legal protection to your Churchill home insurance policy. This covers you for:

  • Personal injury & clinical negligence
  • Employment dispute, such as unfair dismissal
  • Contract dispute for buying or selling your home
  • Faulty goods or services you’ve bought – including holiday packages
  • Pursuing neighbour disputes – including nuisance, trespass and damage to your home
  • Motoring prosecution
  • Inheritance dispute
  • Legal defence as an employee
  • Disputes relating to personal good you’ve sold privately

They’ll also cover your salary while on jury service up to £100,000. Family legal protection also covers everyone in your family, provided they live with you. It even covers personal injuries that happen outside of the UK.


Managing your Churchill home insurance policy and making a claim

Managing your Churchill home insurance policy is simple. You’re able to change your name, add another person to your policy, upload documents and request documents online.

Churchill gives you the option of making a claim online. If you’d rather speak to someone, you can call to make a claim on 0345 603 3590. To make a claim, you need to provide Churchill with:

  • Your insurance policy number
  • The date and time the incident occurred
  • Details of the event
  • What the damage was to your home/and or contents
  • A police report number or reference if necessary

If you have a smaller claim, Churchill may be able to deal with your claim over the phone through their approved suppliers. You may need to provide them with estimates or quotations to support your claim. For larger claims, Churchill will most likely arrange for a Claims Advisor to come and visit you as soon as possible.

Contact Churchill

Quotes: 0800 032 7199
Renewals: 0345 603 3560
Customer services: 0345 603 3551

Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm, Saturdays and bank holidays 9am – 5pm and Sundays 9am- 4pm.

Legal advice line: 0345 246 2408
Lines are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Claims: 0345 603 3590
Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm, Saturday and bank holidays 9am – 2pm and closed on Sundays.

24/7 emergency helpline: 0345 603 3599

Frequently asked Questions

FAQ Icon

Churchill offers Buildings insurance, Contents insurance and Buildings and Contents insurance combined. Churchill offers two levels of cover to choose from; their standard cover, Home Insurance and their higher limits offer, Home Plus.

Yes they do, you can choose to add the below to any Home Insurance policy; (note that all of the below are already included in Home Plus policies).

  • Home Emergency cover – covers emergencies such as central heating breakdown or a broken front door lock.
  • Accidental Damage cover – insures your home and belongings against knocks, spills and DIY disasters.
  • Family Legal Protection – get up to £100,000 to help with legal costs in the event of any disputes.
  • Personal Possessions cover – cover items outside the home such as mobiles, tablets, laptops and jewellery.

Yes, they have a 24-hour emergency helpline number you can turn to in an emergency. They also have a legal advice line so you can talk to an expert about any legal questions or problems you may have.

Home Insurance Guides

Check out our insurance guides for more information