AXA understands how important it is to be able to contact them if you’re abroad and need assistance. When you take out an AXA travel insurance policy, you’ll have online access to your secure personal account. So no matter where you are in the world, you can find all of your policy details online in seconds. Logging into your AXA account allows you to:
- View or print your policy documents
- Check your level of cover
- Have instant access to emergency helpline numbers
AXA travel insurance customers also have the ability to make a claim online. Making a claim is simple, you’ll need:
- Your personal details & policy number (you can view your policy no. on your AXA account)
- Details about your claim, for example, the flight number and name of your airline
- Details of any supporting evidence you want to send AXA, for example, a medical report or receipts
When you make a claim, either online or by calling AXA, they will quickly record and assess your claim. If you have all the relevant details listed above to hand, the process will be much quicker. If you choose to make a claim online, a member of AXA’s specialist team will follow up your claim via phone or email to get the process started. It’s worth noting that if you register your claim on a weekend, it won’t be followed up until the next working day. AXA will do their best to process your claim and resolve it for you as quickly as possible.
Between May 2018 to April 2019, AXA paid over 94.2% of customers’ travel insurance claims. 1.9% of their travel insurance policyholders made a claim in this period, with an average claim pay out of £855.