VitalityHealth insurance policies cover the following as standard:
VitalityHealth offers flexible cover to suit your needs. You can add any of the following optional extras to your plan to get the cover you need.
Add a hospital list
All VitalityHealth insurance plans come with Consultant Select included as standard. Consultant Select lets doctors decide who should treat you and which hospital you should be treated at based on your condition and where you live. If you choose to add a hospital list to your plan, you’ll get more freedom over your treatment.
This provides cover for out-patient consultations and consultant fees when necessary as part of your treatment. Out-patient diagnostics including MRI, CT and PET scans, blood tests, x-rays, radiology and pathology when referred by a consultant. You can add:
- Out-patient cover with a limit – you can set a limit of £500, £750, £1,000, £1,250 or £1,500 for out-patient consultations, consultant fees, diagnostic tests and physiotherapy that isn’t arranged through VitalityHealth’s Priority Physiotherapy Network.
- Full cover diagnostics – if you’ve selected out-patient cover with a limit, you can upgrade to full cover for any out-patient diagnostic tests you need, meaning your out-patient limit will only apply to specialist consultations and physiotherapy not undertaken within VitalityHealth’s network.
- Full out-patient cover – this includes all out-patient consultations, consultant fees, diagnostic tests and physiotherapy arranged through their Priority Physiotherapy Network.
Includes full cover for chiropractic treatment, osteopathy, chiropody/podiatry, acupuncture, homeopathy and two consultations with a dietician following a GP or consultant referral.
Mental health cover
VitalityHealth’s mental health cover includes unlimited therapy services and out-patient, in-patient and day-patient support. You’ll get:
- Unlimited Talking Therapies treatment
- £1,500 out-patient support for consultations with psychiatrists and psychologists
- 28 days in-patient and day-patient treatment in a treatment facility
You can add two levels of dental cover to your policy depending on how much cover you want and how much you want to spend.
- Major dental treatment – covers you for crowns, bridges, root canal treatment, extractions, apicectomy, dentures and emergency dental work after an accident.
- Major and routine dental treatment – covers you for everything included in major dental treatment, as well as routine examinations, scaling and polishing, dental x-rays and fillings.
Worldwide travel cover
VitalityHealth’s worldwide travel cover includes:
- Up to £10 million emergency medical expenses overseas, as well as lost luggage, delayed flights and more.
- Offers cover for up to 120 days, as long as you’re aged 64 or under when this benefit is added to your plan.