Revolut Standard AccountSee which providers perform best in our App-Based Bank comparison
Transfer money abroad in 30+ currencies with the interbank exchange rate, with a 0.5% fee for anything over £1,000 each month.
Perfect For Trips Abroad
Great For Tracking Spending
Revolut was founded in 2015 as a digital app-based bank alternative to traditional high street banks. With over 10 million customers, Revolut prides itself in being able to offer various customer focus benefits such as an in-built budgeting system. This system allows its customers to see where their money is being spent each month and even allows users to add spending limits on various categories.
Benefits of Revolut App-Based Bank
- Easy to open an account in minutes
- Built-in budgeting allowing customers to set limits for things like restaurants and bills
- Round up every card payment to the nearest pound to put into your savings vault
- £200 free monthly ATM withdrawal limit
- Fee-free spending abroad
- Insurance options provided by Revolut Travel Ltd
- Send money abroad easily to 30 countries
- Set up recurring payments
- Freeze and unfreeze your cards
- Standard account free of charge
- Brand discounts with Perks Plus
- Revolut offers both personal and business accounts
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I open an account?
To open an account you need to download the Revolut app via your smartphone. You then need to fill in the necessary details and have some ID to hand to take an image of and upload. The whole process is very quick, clear and easy to navigate.
How can I contact Revolut directly?
It’s very easy to contact the team at Revolut. Simply call them or use the in-app chat available 24hrs a day (Premium and Metal plan users have a priority service).
Is my money covered?
Revolut is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). However, they're not part of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). If there was an insolvency issue, customers would be able to claim their funds from a segregated account.