What does annual travel insurance cover?
Annual travel insurance offers you the same level of cover as single trip travel insurance. The exact level of cover will vary depending on the type of policy you take out but the majority of policies include:
- Medical conditions including repatriation costs – generally cover will be included for any medical treatment you need when you’re abroad, however, if you’ve declared any pre-existing medical conditions, it’s likely that treatment for that particular condition won’t be included
- Trip cancellation – if you need to cancel your trip due to an illness or because your travel company has gone bust, you’ll be able to claim on your travel insurance
- Delayed flights – you’re covered if your flights delayed in certain circumstances
- Lost luggage and personal belongings – your personal belongings such as phones, cameras, luggage and cash are insured if they’re lost or stolen, however, you need to ensure your policy covers the cost of your valuable items
- Legal costs – including cover for accidents that weren’t your fault and accidents that were your fault